Regular cleaning of carpets definitely brings your home a lot of health benefits. If you have children and pets, it’s recommended to vacuum your carpets 3-4 times a week. Spills, stains, and other contaminants can spoil the attractiveness of carpets.
Cleaning method depends on the carpet’s material
Synthetic carpets can usually be cleaned at home with a help of, some carpet cleaning tips and without the professional services of cleaning companies. These carpets can be made of 100 percent synthetic or it consists of a mixture of natural and synthetic materials, such as cotton, polyester.
When your carpet contains more than 50 percent of cotton and has complex stains in the visible area, it is better to use the help of cleaning companies and order a “dry cleaning carpet” service. If possible, it’s necessary to clean stains immediately after they appear – this gives the best results and stains are eliminated much easier. The most difficult types of stains are those that consist of oil and grease.
How to clean your carpet at home?
If you don’t know how to clean it by yourself, these carpet cleaning tips will help you:
– Among carpet cleaning tips, at the first place is the use of steam cleaners to remove dust, debris, and other contaminants as steam that these device use, contains only a small amount of water (about 5%)
– Avoid using large amounts of water during cleaning – this can make the stains worse and damage the texture of carpets.
– Try with stain removers with a PH level between 7 and 9.
– Try with cleaning products that produce a foaming effect, these products are good at removing stains on an organic basis.
– Use baby wipes to remove stains, and dry the carpet after removing stains. This product contains the right amount of water and soap.
– For stains of coffee, tea, and other beverages, it’s recommended to use a mixture of water, vinegar and a drop of dishwashing detergent in a small bowl. Use a soft cloth for cleaning the carpet until a stain from a drink disappears.
– To remove grease or oil stains, apply talc, cornstarch or salt to the stain. Use a clean cloth for applying these cleansers. These are perfect if you need to eliminate only the emerging spot, cornstarch, salt, and talc have properties of absorbing fat or oil. After rubbing, moisten the spot with warm water and wipe it with a dry cloth.