How to remove cigarette smell from my car?
It might seem impossible to remove those lingering odors from your car, and you might even feel embarrassed to invite others inside your car. Rest assure, here we have for you our top 5 tips to remove cigarette and any other nasty odors from your car.
Top 5 Tips to remove cigarette smell from your car
- Degreaser – The first thing to do is to take care of the ashtray. Take it out and clean it with some kind of degreaser. You can leave it in a bowl mixed with hot water and “Ferry” – should do the job – for about 30 min then rinse it and use kitchen tissues to dry it or whatever you have handy. After that, you can spray it with air freshener or leave one of those baby wipes – wet tissues – inside and close it.
- Vacuum – Give your car a good vacuum everywhere especially the mats. You will be surprised how much the smell will improve after that. Use powder carpet cleaner rub it then vacuum it.
- Air freshener –Buy an air freshener for the cabin so you can hang it on the mirror or a clip for the vent. Trust me it will make a huge improvement. If it is a car cleaning day, start the car and turn the heating on while you vacuum everywhere. The fresh air certainly will help. And once a year replace the cabin air filter.
- Clean the windows from inside. – Use mixture with water and vinegar and spray over the dash and the windows. Don’t worry the smell of vinegar will disappear once dry.
- Baking soda – Sprinkle it all over – seats, mats, dash, roof and use a soft brush to rub it. Leave it for the night then vacuum thoroughly. If you leave one box of the baking soda open in the car for two days then replace it with a new one, it will take away most of the smell as well. Use a kitty litter, it is highly absorbent and will have the same effect.
Combine all the tips for quick and better results.
And of course, if you don’t feel like doing it your self you can always hire a professional. Spend some money and let the specialist take care of your car and bring it to its original state. NoStains is the name to trust. We strive to deliver quality services and we have your needs covered. We use eco-friendly cleaning products to protect our environment and is fully safe to use on your car.